Whether you are a vegan, a raw vegan, or even an omnivore, this raw vegan green smoothie is the perfect start to any day.
Prep time: None
Cook time: 10 minutes
6 frozen raspberries
6 cubes of frozen mango
50g baby spinach leaves
1 tbsp chia seeds
1 tbsp cashew nuts
2 tbsp desiccated coconut
1 tbsp sunflower seeds
- Peel and slice the banana into chunks and place in the bottom of your food processor.
- Chop the baby spinach leaves into smaller pieces, and put in with the banana.
- Add the frozen mango, and raspberries, and turn on the food processor at full speed.
- Once everything is mixed, begin to pour in the water as it continues to pulp the ingredients.
- Keep the processor going until you achieve a smooth consistency, with no lumps and a dark green colour.
- Pour the mixture into a cereal bowl, and garnish with the cashew nuts, chia seeds, and desiccated coconut. Finish with a sprinkling of sunflower seeds.
[su_divider top=”no” divider_color=”#000″ link_color=”#000″ size=”1″]
This raw vegan green smoothie will get you going after an early start, or a morning workout, and keep you well hydrated and empowered until lunchtime rolls around. A rich source of iron from the spinach, and a good balance of both protein and healthy fats from the nuts and coconut on the top — the mixture has been specifically designed to ensure you cover all necessary nutritional boxes.
It’s a cleansing but filling breakfast substitute for feeling bright and ready to tackle a long day of work. While this can be consumed as a drink, I highly recommend putting the smoothie in a bowl, topping it with some generous crunch and enjoying it by the spoonful. It will make you savour every bit of it a lot more thoroughly and guarantee you are addressing the bite your stomach is craving.